Friendship Baptist Church Owasso

Friendship Baptist Church Owasso
Family of Friends

Sunday, November 17, 2013

D6: week of 11/17

FAMILY THEME: WORSHIP

WORSHIP ESSENTIALS 

I Kings 6:1-14  ;  8:1-66
Solomon's first major task as king was the construction
of the temple in Jerusalem. It was Israel's first permanent
place of worship. 

1.  Worship Requires Obedience
     (I Kings 6:1-14)
     Solomon learned that we cannot expect God's 
     presence if we ignore His precepts.
 
2.  Worship is About God's Glory; Not Our Works
     (I Kings 8:1-29) 
     God is always the object and focus of our worship.
 
3.  Our Worship is Based on God's Forgiveness
     (I Kings 8:30-53)
     Apart from forgiveness, we have no right or ability
     to worship God.

4.  Worship Calls for Our Response
     (I Kings 8:54-61)
     "Seeing" God in worship should motivate us to
     respond to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment